Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.All major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo have primary search results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.
Optimizing Visibility in Search Engines
It is common practice for Internet search users to not click through pages and pages of search results, so where a site ranks in a search results page is essential for directing more traffic toward the site. The higher a website naturally ranks in organic results of a search, the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user.
Optimizing Search CTR
SEO is also about making your search engine result relevant to the user’s search query so more people click the result when it is shown in search. In this process, snippets of text and meta data are optimized to ensure your snippet of information is appealing in the context of the search query to obtain a high CTR (click through rate) from search results.
Now what does that magic look like and why does it even matter?
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine, 68% of which use Google to do so.
Combine that with the fact that the first 5 results in Google get 67% of all clicks, and you get an idea of why search engine optimization is so important.
There’s a joke going around the web that highlights how crucial it is to hit the first page of Google:
If you ever need to hide a dead body, you should place it on the second page of Google search results.
- Your blog post, article or product being linked on any other page of the Google search results than the first is equivalent to not being ranked at all.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
You can use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to get your store to show as a top result on Google and other search engines. SEO is constantly evolving, as search engines are designed to better determine whether the content they are indexing accurately conveys the purpose of the page or site.
Most CMS includes powerful SEO features, including:
- editable title tags, meta descriptions and URLs for your pages
- editable ALT tags for all images, customizable image file names
- automatically generated sitemap.xml and robots.txt files
- automatically generated canonical URL tags (to prevent duplicate content).
Master these elements and you’ve done a lot of groundwork. Need assistance, get in touch with us.
Our Company is unique as an SEO company in the capacity of being able to audit, craft strategy, execute SEO campaigns, and provide transparent reporting, all in house and tailored for your business objectives. A wide breadth of SEO services are offered for both marketers seeking a partner to launch or support the whole non-paid search channel and search marketing specialists seeking additional support for specific portions of an established SEO initiative.
- Discovery – researching and defining non-paid search visitor customer journey, from query to conversion.
- Auditing – Identifying caveats to ranking and developing IT ready solutions.
- Strategy – Strategy creation built around your business objectives, your website, and your requirements.
- Execution – On-site and Off-site SEO efforts are executed.
- Measurement – Frequent evaluations of campaign progress around your defined objectives